Are you eager to get more involved with REA?
Enjoy using social media to stay connected?
Interested in helping members stay informed and connected with each other and with other related organizations and activities?
Looking for a little part-time employment?
We have an opportunity for you! REA is seeking a part-time Networking Coordinator. This individual would be someone with interest and expertise in creating connections among people—through social media, blogs, websites and organizations sharing mutual interests—a colleague in religious education who will enable REA members and friends to stay connected with one another and network with newly discovered partners in a technology-linked world. You would be responsible for strengthening member interactions, building relationships with other groups and organizations, and increasing the visibility of REA in our larger contexts –utilizing technology applications where possible.
Time commitment would be approximately 15 hours each month, plus REA Board meetings and the Annual Meeting. This position reports to the Executive Secretary (Lucinda Huffaker) and the Board of Directors.
- Create audience specific resources to engage members (en masse and “networks”), other interested parties, former members, seniors in the field, students, etc. in RE and REA via social media tools and webconferencing;
- Create content and distribute information (website, e-blast mailings and other social media) to membership informing, announcing, and reminding them of pertinent REA business and updates;
- Identify positions, fellowships, and funding opportunities in RE to post to website;
- Liaison with other religious education organizations, their websites and online resources (external links and partnerships) to enhance resources on REA website;
- Increase REA presence with other organizations and entities;
- Support the Program Chair in designing and implementing outreach and support for the Annual Meeting (e.g., webinar, blog, or virtual or social media session prior to the Meeting);
- Plan and implement social media outreach during the Annual Meeting (twitter feed, blogging, etc.);
- Oversee the video and photo capture of events, meeting sessions and plenaries for the purpose of providing web resources for members and outreach;
- Sit on Tech Advisory Committee and act as its liaison with Executive Secretary on technology needs and budget;
- Conduct annual review, evaluation and analysis of networking initiatives, particularly electronic, in collaboration with the Exec Secretary and the tech advisory committee;
- Attend all Board meetings as ex officio member and advise Board decisions related to web-based networking and technology;
- Participate in long-term envisioning and planning with the Board to determine how best to accomplish the association’s mission.
Payment: $400/month. Annual contract. Address questions to Lucinda Huffaker, 765.225.8836, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply is Sep 15, 2013. Please send a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com.