REA Annual Meetings
Our annual meetings are a great time to connect with colleagues and hear about all the wonderful work being done in the field. Each year's meeting revolves around a theme that is developed by the meeting coordinator and embodied in dozens of thoughtful presentations.
REA Annual Meeting 2013
Coming Out Religiously
Religion, the Public Sphere, and Religious Identity Formation
8-10 November 2013
Westin Waltham Boston
- 2013 in Boston, Massachusetts, 8-10 November
- 2014 in Chicago, Illinois, 7-9 November
- 2015 in Atlanta, Georgia, 6-8 November
- 2012 in Atlanta, Georgia, 2–4 November. “Let Freedom Ring”: Religious Education at the Intersection of Social Justice, Liberation, and Civil/Human Rights. See the website and schedule, and 2012 proceedings.
- 2011 in Toronto, Ontario, 4–6 November. Brain Matters: Neuroscience, Creativity, and Diversity. See the website and schedule, and 2011 proceedings.
- 2010 in Denver, Colorado, 7–9 November. In the Flow: Learning religion and religiously learning amidst global cultural flows. See the website and schedule, and 2010 proceedings.
- 2009 in Dallas, Texas, 22–24 November. Theology and Religious Education: Relational, Practical, and Interfaith Dimensions. See the theme, schedule, videos, and 2009 proceedings.
- 2008 in Chicago, Illinois, 7–9 November. Fiction as Truth: Seeking religious depth in Short Stories, Novels, and Film. See the 2008 proceedings.
- 2007 in Boston, Massachusetts, 2–4 November. Culture that Matters: Intercultural Explorations in Religious Educations. See the 2007 proceedings.
- 2006 in Atlanta, Georgia, 3–5 November. Reconsidering the Power of Story in Religious Education. See the 2006 proceedings.
- 2005 in Toronto, Ontario, 4–6 November. Religious Education for Peace and Justice. See the 2005 proceedings.
- 2004 in Denver, Colorado, 5–7 November. Contextual Pedagogies: Teaching Context as Religious Text. See the 2004 proceedings.
- 2003 in Chicago, Illinois, 7–9 November. Embracing the Past, Envisioning the Future: Religious Education in an Age of Transition. See the 2003 proceedings.
- 2002 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1–3 November. Leading with Hope: The Vocation of the Religious Educator. See the 2002 proceedings.
- 2001 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2–4 November. Religious Education in an Age of Globalization. See the 2001 proceedings.