Graduate Student Travel Award
Under the Graduate Student Travel Award (GSTA) Program, REA:APPRRE provides a limited number of student travel awards to help Student Members attend the Annual Meeting. Application deadline: August 15. Awards announced: September 15.
Awards will amount to no more than $400 per student ($500 if the student is residing outside US & Canada) and will be determined by the Steering Committee of the Board of Directors, based on the funds available and the number of requests. Awards may be applied toward meeting registration fees, conference hotel expenses, and transportation. If more eligible requests are received than the Association is able to fund, then awards will be made to Ph.D. students, as determined by lottery.
To qualify for the GSTA, applicants must satisfy all of the following requirements:
- Is an author of an accepted conference paper for a Research Interest Group and presents the paper at the conference;
- Is a Student Member of REA:APPRRE when submitting the application;
- Is a full-time student registered toward a Masters or Ph.D. degree in religious education or a related field in a seminary or university when submitting the application;
- Meets all presenter deadlines (paper submission, registration, membership dues, etc.);
- Has not received more than one GSTA award.
To apply for a travel award, please submit a Travel Award Application Form to the Executive Secretary no later than August 15. The form includes
- A very brief statement of how this presentation contributes to your graduate research;
- Other assistance you have received toward (any) conference presentations, e.g., previous travel awards;
- A pdf of the signature form (see below), including signature or email from graduate advisor confirming recognition of this conference presentation as contributing significantly to a professional portfolio.
Submit your application in one of the following ways:
- Download the Application Form, complete and mail all required materials to
Religious Education Association
c/o Yale Divinity School
409 Prospect St
New Haven, CT 06511
- Download the Application Form, complete, scan and email all required materials to email@example.com.
The Executive Committee will review all travel grant applications and notify applicants about award decisions by September 15.
To claim a GSTA, the student must complete the necessary voucher form and attach original receipts. The voucher must be received by the Executive Secretary within 90 days of the last day of the conference.
*This policy was approved by the REA:APPRRE executive board on 03/12/11 and amended 11/04/11