Graduate Student Travel Award
Under the Graduate Student Travel Award (GSTA) Program, REA:APPRRE provides a limited number of student travel awards to help Student Members attend the Annual Meeting. Travel awards are partial reimbursements. Application deadline: September 1. Awards announced: September 10.
Awards of up to $400 per student ($500 if outside US) will be determined by the Steering Committee of the Board of Directors, based on the funds available and the number of requests. Awards may be applied toward meeting registration fees, conference hotel expenses, and transportation.
To qualify for the GSTA, applicants must satisfy all of the following requirements:
- Is an author of an accepted conference paper [RIG] and will present the paper at the conference;
- Is a Student Member of REA:APPRRE when submitting the GSTA application;
- Is a full-time student registered toward a Ph.D. degree in religious education or a related field in a seminary or university when submitting the application;
- Must meet all presenter deadlines (paper submission, registration, membership dues, etc.);
- Has not received a GSTA award.
Criteria for Selection
Awardees will be selected based on strength of proposal and advisor reference, also giving attention to maintaining a diversity of topics, doctoral programs, geographical regions, etc.
To apply for a travel award, please submit the following to the Executive Secretary by September 1:
- Travel Award Application Form, including a very brief statement of how this presentation fits in with your graduate work;
- other assistance you have received toward professional conference presentations, e.g., other travel awards;
- reference from graduate advisor confirming recognition of your REA conference presentation as contributing significantly to a professional portfolio;
- copy of the email indicating acceptance of your proposal.
The Executive Committee will review all travel grant applications and notify applicants about award decisions by the date indicated on the conference website.
To claim a GSTA, the student must complete the necessary voucher form and attach original receipts. Email submission of pdf documents is accepted. The voucher must be received by the Executive Secretary within 90 days of the last day of the conference.